Monday, June 27, 2011

Paleo chix experiment: One Week In

The first week's totals are in, and I've lost 5.8 pounds and a total of 4 1/4 inches from my breast, waist, and hips. Not bad if you consider that I was hoping to lose weight, but I wasn't actively choosing low calorie/low carb/low fat or anything of that nature.

On average, I consumed 1534 calories, 95g of fat, 63g of carbs, 124g of protein per day. If I was hungry, I snacked on more beef jerky. So there was no long-term hunger involved here.

I feel good. My rosacea has calmed down. Arthritis is so-so. I may need to see if it responds to nightshades or carbs, since I seem to have worse days after I've eaten more carbs/fruit. The IBS symptoms seem to be tied in to fruit consumption. More fruit; more trips to the bathroom.

This experiment is definitely helping me keep track of those sorts of direct correlations.

No comments: